Below are the instructions you will need to set up the Caroline theme to look like the demo!
I hope you enjoy your brand new theme- and if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me!
Step 1: Installing your theme
Once you are at this screen, you will first upload the Genesis Framework. This is very important- your theme will not work without the Genesis Framework.
Once The Genesis Framework has completed uploading, click “Activate”
Next, upload the Caroline theme and click “Activate”
Your theme is now active- time to install the plugins!
Step 2: Installing Plugins
Your child theme has been custom styled to work with these plugins! I will explain in detail what to do with each one, but for now, just install them!
How to install new plugins:
You can either download the files from the links below, or search for the plugins through the WordPress dashboard. Here are the following plugins you will need for the Caroline theme:
- Soliloquy Lite – This plugin will be used for the slider
- Jetpack – This plugin is used for the Mosaic Gallery Page and much more. It’s a great plugin to have. You will need a WordPress.com account if you don’t already have one. Don’t worry- it’s free!
- Image Widget – Use this plugin to easily upload images to your sidebar. We will be using this to upload the profile photo on the sidebar, as well as the 2 column section on the homepage.
- Genesis Enews Extended – We will be using this plugin to create email sign up forms. Enews extended works with Aweber, Mailchimp, and Mailpoet.
- WP Simple Related Posts – We will use this plugin to show related posts at the bottom of every post.
- Regenerate Thumbnails – This plugin is used for regenerating images when they have changed sizes
How do I set up the slider on the homepage?
How do I set up the 2 column image widgets?
How Do I set the Footer Widgets?
How do I set up the Featured Posts Widget?